Hi everyone! It’s Marissa, guest blogger and Penni’s sister.
My husband has been on a pancake and waffle spree, but I’m not much into either made with regular flour. Today I decided to go for a Paleo Pancake, and since I simply can never make a recipe exact, I’ll tell you what I was basing my recipe on, and what I did!
Here’s the original recipe and instructions, courtesy of Civilized Caveman Cooking:
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup nut butter, I prefer almond butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat a skillet to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine all of your ingredients in your blendtech, blender, or food processor and mix well until you have a batter
- Grease your skillet with coconut oil and pour your batter making 3-4 inch pancakes
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side and then flip for 2-3 minutes
- Serve topped with some grass fed butter or topping of your choice
I’m currently doing The 21 Day Fix (more info below) so I wanted the recipe to work for my food needs for the day. Here’s what I did:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp almond butter
- About ½ teaspoon cinnamon, could’ve used more
I was thinking this would be for breakfast today and save the extras for another breakfast, and (FYI 21 Day Fixers) that it would be 1 red, 1 purple, 2 tsp.
I used my food processor to mix it, and a griddle on my stove top.
It ended up making 9 pancakes!! I had 3 this morning, plain, nothing on them. I have 2 sets for future breakfasts.
They were awesome!!
Next time I make them, when I’m not doing the 21 Day Fix, I will likely try the Civilized Caveman recipe and see how they compare. I’d love to try my recipe with more nut butter, too!
FYI: The 21 Day Fix is a health and fitness program, 21 Days, 30 minute workouts, portion controlled healthy eating. For more info, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.